Friday, March 26, 2010

Burning Bridges

Like the new background? Thanks to Blogger's new layout designs I was able to customize the blog to my liking. Yay subtle advertising!

So, I just withdrew from the Teach for America application process. I wonder...should I have applied in the first place? I think the answer to that is yes, since I was unsure of my status for Peace Corps at the time (I just had the interview the day before!). Since my assignment in Peace Corps is not final until I actually get the invitation, I am definitely taking a risk in voluntarily limiting my options. However, I have every intention of accepting that final invitation and not that of Teach for America had I been able to get one (which I sincerely doubt but we'll never know now!). Still, I feel guilty for making my recommenders submit forms for me singing my praises (I hope!) just to have withdrawn from the whole thing.

I know that I have plenty more hard decisions to make in the future, but it feels like I have them too soon! However, I must live with no regrets and have faith in God's plan for me!

On that note, I am tentatively assigned to the Secondary Education/TEFL program in the North Africa/Middle East region! I looked on the website and the country needing Education Volunteers in that region is Jordan, so I am probably going there. I know pretty much nothing about the country so I look forward to immersing myself in its language and culture. I can't be too sure though, so I might be thrown for a loop and be placed somewhere totally different. Yay flexibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment